Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Diwali Special- Besan Ladoo (Microwave Recipe)


Besan Ladoo Microwave Recipe (बेसन लाडू) माइक्रोवेव रेसिपी

One of the round sweet balls made during Diwali. I love the besan ladoos my mom makes & always wondered if i could make that any day..specially seeing my Grandma (आजी ) & Mom standing in front of the gas and stirring the bubbling besan and ghee..gosh that was really a task...and decided, that will never make them instead will buy it from stores. Coming to US changed me and the dozed cook within me woke up..since then i tried and tested my culinary skills on hubby..and truly as it's said..to the ladder to a Man's heart is through his stomach...one can enjoy cokking different delicacies if the other loves to eat..came true for me as me and my husband both are foodie. So buying faral for Diwali was a total no no for me instead decided to make it myself this Diwali.
I'd never thought it would be so easy and quick making the ladoos omitting the gas process and instead using the modern day appliances the microwave, until last Diwali made them and they turned out good not just good but everyone loved it. Although not the way my Mom used to make but somewhere close. This Diwali I'm sharing this recipe with my other friends who somewhere had thought of not cooking looking at the process of it, but trust me this one is way easy. All you need to make yummy Ladoos is:
Makes Medium sized 19 Ladoos
Ingredients (साहित्य):
1 cup Besan (chickpea Flour) (बेसन)
3/4 cup Sugar (साखर) regular which you get in US
5-6 tbsp Ghee (तुप)
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder (एलैची/वेलदोडा)
Almonds / Raisins for decoration (बदाम/मनुका)
Microwave safe Bowl
Method (कृति ):
Mix the besan & ghee in a microwave safe bowl। Heat on high for 5 minutes (time may vary slightly for different microwave ovens). Stir after a minute and continue heating. Keep checking & stirring after a minute। At the end of 5 minutes, the mixture will be a nice reddish brown and will have a nice aroma to it. The mixture should not look too dry, otherwise the ladoos will not hold up their shape. Let it cool completely। Once cooled, add the sugar, cardamom powder & almonds / raisins. Mix well & then make small round ladoos out of it. If you realize that the ghee is not sufficient once you start making the ladoos, just heat some ghee & add to the mixture. Enjoy yummy ladoos.






2 comments:

  1. hi sakhi, aajach chirote recipe mi mazya blog var lihili aahe chitra sahit. tuze ladu pan khup chhan disat aahet!

    http://rohinivinayak.blogspot.com/2009/10/blog-post.html

    link dili aahe var chirote sathi. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey aaj tujhya padhatine besan ladoo kele, sahi jhale ahet. thanks for saving my time. :)

    ReplyDelete